I made a trip down there for an afternoon and got some shots of the restaurants, stores, and the tall building city feel to it. Below are ten photos I picked from the contact sheet that I think best portray Downtown Sarasota.
These pages for my final submission are the same as the ones found on my "Third Quarter Submission" post. I did have a few revisions that could have been made, however I was unable to make them. The reason for that is because I no longer have access to the softwares that I had been using to create them. A revision that I had planned on doing was upgrading the title on the article pages. After the third quarter submisission I was not satisfied with how bland it looked. I wanted to change the font and the coloring. I feel like this would have made that part of the article more interesting and exciting to look at. Another revision I would have made was simple, I was going to add a page number to the table of contents. This would have made it more conventional to other magazines. Besides those revisions, this is my final product for my magazine.
West Coast Families Magazine has a target audience of families, parents, kids, grandparents, etc. Their magazine is not focused on travel like mine is, however, they do target the same audience of families as mine does. West Coast Families Magazine markets their product by advertising to mothers, fathers, grandparents, educators, caregivers, and more. They have around 600,000 readers on print and thousands more online on a digital copy. They make the print version available to pick up at over 600 locations across the west coast. I would use similar aspects to market my product. I would have a print copy available for pick up at select locations and also offer an online digital version.
This magazine, Business Travel Magazine, targets employed adults that are interested in, or need to, traveling for business purposes. This is different than other travel magazines I have done research on because others are for people that are going to be traveling for leisure, not work. This magazine does have similarities to mine as well because they both target adults that will be travelling. Business Travel Magazine markets their product to small and medium sized enterprises and distributes to over 18,000 readers by print media. Knowing that the adults that will be reading their magazine are going to be employed, The Business Travel Magazine will distribute their magazines near companies or communities of middle to upper class. When I distribute my magazine, it will have to be around communities of middle to upper class as well and also schools knowing that adults with kids will be around that area.
Comments
Post a Comment